DCMH Medical Assistant Apprenticeship Program
The Decatur County Memorial Hospital apprenticeship program is intended for the education of individuals interested in the career of Medical Assisting. DCMH is committed to helping prepare healthcare professionals for the future and offers an apprenticeship program as a recruitment tool and a community service.
- Applications shall be submitted to Human Resources department of DCMH by April 30th.
- Apprenticeship applications must include the following in order to be considered:
- Completed application
- Transcript of grades from your most recently attended school, if no prior work history
- 200 word essay
- A recommendation from a current or former teacher, if graduating senior, or a former or current work colleague
- A recommendation from another person of your choosing
- The applicant is responsible for contacting the two references listed on your application and asking them to submit letters of recommendation directly to the Human Resources department at DCMH by the April 30th deadline.
- Applicants are simultaneously applying for a position with Decatur County Memorial Hospital. Accepted applicants will be offered a position with DCMH and tuition to the Medical Assistant program.
- All applicants will be scheduled an interview with the selection committee.
- All applicants will be notified of offers by May 28th.