DCMH Medical Assistant Apprenticeship Program
The Decatur County Memorial Hospital apprenticeship program is intended for the education of individuals interested in the career of Medical Assisting. DCMH is committed to helping prepare healthcare professionals for the future and offers an apprenticeship program as a recruitment tool and a community service.
- Applications shall be submitted to the Human Resources Department of DCMH.
- Apprenticeship applications must include the following in order to be considered:
- Completed application
- Transcript of grades from your most recently attended school, if no prior work history
- 200-word essay
- A recommendation from a current or former teacher, if graduating senior, or a former or current work colleague
- A recommendation from another person of your choosing
- The applicant is responsible for contacting the two references listed on your application and asking them to submit letters of recommendation directly to the Human Resources Department at DCMH.
- Applicants are simultaneously applying for a position with Decatur County Memorial Hospital. Accepted applicants will be offered a position with DCMH and tuition to the Medical Assistant program.