Radiology/imaging services at Decatur County Memorial Hospital include state-of-the-art comprehensive x-ray services by registered technologists and board-certified radiologists in a fully digital, filmless department. Decatur County Memorial Hospital’s radiology/imaging department was twice voted one of America’s Top 25 “Connected” facilities by the Health Imaging and IT Magazine.
Decatur County Memorial Hospital is now ACR (American College of Radiology) Accredited in Nuclear Medicine, MRI, CT, Ultrasound and Mammography.
Please click the link below to fill-out & submit the Radiology Precertification Form:
Radiology procedures offered include:
- Upper and lower GI series
- PICC line placement
- Modified barium swallows
- Multi-slice technology
- 3D reconstructions
- CT Angiography with Vessel Probe
- Virtual CT Colonography
- Cardiac Scoring (Heart Scan) > Click here to register for your heart scan online.
- Head, Chest, Abdomen
- CT Urography
- CCTA Coronary Artery CT Scanning
- MSCT – 128 Slice CT Scanner
Access the CT Patient Information booklet.
- Routine procedures
- SPECT Scanning
- Heart – Myoview exams
- Dual Head scanning
- DEXA Scanning – Bone Densitometry
- NEW 1.5 Tesla MRI-system
- Routine procedures
- MR Angiography
- OB, GYN, Abdominal, Small Parts scanning
- Ultrasound guided biopsies and drainages
- Vascular procedures
- Carotid Doppler
- Upper and Lower extremity arterial Doppler studies
- Upper and Lower extremity venous Doppler studies
- Abdominal and pelvic Doppler
- Full-field Digital Mammography system
- Screening and Diagnostic mammograms
- Breast Needle Localizations, Ductograms
- Breast Biopsies
Additional Information Resource
If you have been advised to have a radiology procedure but would like to research additional information relative to its scope and process please click the link below. Radiologic Procedure Information
- PET/CT Scan services are offered every Thursday through a mobile service. This scan combines a PET scan and CT scan into one segment, allowing us to have more detailed information about your cancer.
- A CT scan takes a series of x-rays from all around your body while using a computer to analyze them. A PET scan uses a very small amount of radioactive drug to show how your body tissues are working
DCMH also offers several preventive screenings including:
Focus 10+ wellness screenings
This screening, offered throughout the year, is all-inclusive and screens for more than 10 risk factors such as: abdominal aneurysm, basic metabolic profile, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, lipid (cholesterol) panel, osteoporosis, stroke risk, thyroid function and more. For this screening, patients receive a blood test, ultrasound test and more. The Focus 10+ screening costs $179.
The best chance of beating lung cancer is to find it early when treatment options are available. DCMH offers a low-dose radiation CT scan for individuals with a significant history of tobacco use. It is recommended for both men and women who are current/former smokers and are 55-75 years of age. Other specific criteria must be met in order to qualify for this screening. A lung scan costs $69. View the Lung Scan Brochure
This noninvasive procedure utilizes our low-dose radiation CT scanner to check for calcium buildup in your arteries. The heart scan is used to look for calcium deposits in your coronary arteries that can narrow your arteries and increase your risk for a heart attack. These scans are recommended for males 45 years or older and females 55 years or older. Other criteria must be met before the scan. A heart scan costs $69. During certain times throughout the year, heart scans are buy one, get one free.
In the news:
Decatur County Memorial Hospital is one of the first in nation to install an advanced 128-slice, low-dose radiation CT scanner. See Greensburg Daily News article by clicking on the link below for more details! View Article