Radiology / Imaging
Decatur County Memorial Hospital’s Radiology and Imaging services are accredited by the ACR (American College of Radiology), and also accredited in Nuclear Medicine, MRI, CT, Ultrasound and Mammography.
Radiology procedures offered include:
- Upper and lower GI series
- PICC line placement
- Modified barium swallows
- Multi-slice technology
- 3D reconstructions
- CT Angiography with Vessel Probe
- Virtual CT Colonography
- Cardiac Scoring (Heart Scan) > Click here for Patient Pre-Registration
- Head, Chest, Abdomen
- CT Urography
- CCTA Coronary Artery CT Scanning
- MSCT – 128 Slice CT Scanner
- NEW 1.5 Tesla MRI-system
- Routine procedures
- MR Angiography
- OB, GYN, Abdominal, Small Parts scanning
- Ultrasound guided biopsies and drainages
- Vascular procedures
- Carotid Doppler
- Upper and Lower extremity arterial Doppler studies
- Upper and Lower extremity venous Doppler studies
- Abdominal and pelvic Doppler
- Routine procedures
- SPECT Scanning
- Heart – Myoview exams
- Dual Head scanning
- DEXA Scanning – Bone Densitometry
- Full-field Digital Mammography system/3D Digital Breast Tomosynthesis
- Screening and Diagnostic mammograms
- Breast Needle Localizations, Ductograms
- Breast Biopsies
DCMH also offers several preventive screenings including:
Focus 10+ Wellness Screenings – $179
This screening, offered throughout the year, is all-inclusive and screens for more than 10 risk factors such as: abdominal aneurysm, basic metabolic profile, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, lipid (cholesterol) panel, osteoporosis, stroke risk, thyroid function and more. For this screening, patients receive a blood test, ultrasound test and more.
Lung Scans – $25
The best chance of beating lung cancer is to find it early when treatment options are available. DCMH offers a low-dose radiation CT scan for individuals with a significant history of tobacco use. It is recommended for both men and women who are current/former smokers and are 55-75 years of age. Other specific criteria must be met in order to qualify for this screening.
Heart Scans – $25
(during certain times throughout the year, a heart scan special is buy one, get one free)
This noninvasive procedure utilizes our low-dose radiation CT scanner to check for calcium buildup in your arteries. The heart scan is used to look for calcium deposits in your coronary arteries that can narrow your arteries and increase your risk for a heart attack. These scans are recommended for males 45 years or older and females 55 years or older. Other criteria must be met before the scan.
Additional Information Resource
If you have been advised to have a radiology procedure but would like to research additional information relative to its scope and process, please visit the Radiologic Procedure Information website.
- PET/CT Scan services are offered every Thursday through a mobile service. This scan combines a PET scan and CT scan into one segment, allowing us to have more detailed information about your cancer.
- A CT Scan takes a series of x-rays from all around your body while using a computer to analyze them. A PET scan uses a very small amount of radioactive drug to show how your body tissues are working