At Decatur County Memorial Hospital in Greensburg, Indiana, we offer a variety of cardiopulmonary services. Cardiopulmonary Services offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients of all ages as prescribed by their physicians. Diagnostic services offered include EKGs, Holter and Event monitoring, echocardiography and stress testing. Respiratory therapy procedures available include pulmonary function testing, oxygen therapy, ventilator care, aerosol therapy and oximeter monitoring.
Classes to help you quit smoking are offered by the cardiopulmonary staff for those who want to quit smoking, and pulmonary rehabilitation is available for those who suffer from emphysema, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis or other lung diseases.
To find out more about Cardiopulmonary Services, please call 812-663-1179.
What is Pulmonary Rehabilitation? An outpatient program designed for those who experience lung problems such as:
- COPD (Emphysema or chronic bronchitis)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer and lung cancer surgery
- Lung volume and reduction surgery
- Pre and post lung transplantation
Pulmonary Rehabilitation helps participants:
- Experience less difficulty breathing
- Increase muscle strength and endurance
- Improve their ability to cope with daily activities
- Understand how to use medications and oxygen appropriately
- Improve quality of life
- Reduce hospitalizations
Typical Pulmonary Rehabilitation programs include:
- Monitored and supervised exercises
- Education about your pulmonary condition, control of symptoms, medications, and oxygen
- Stress reduction and/or management techniques sessions
Call 812-663-1328 for more information or to determine if you qualify.